CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Rhino....

Posted by Peter Chen
on 2001-03-22 20:09:18 UTC
From: "Smoke" <gordonr@...>
Subject: Re: Rhino......

"Send me one of your RHINO drawings off list Peter,
I'll take a look at
it and see if I can help you out."

Extremely grateful. will use up my 25th save when I
have something
substantial. So you call 1st angle "Dutch projection"?
That confirms
that this is a English-Dutch conspiracy to keep their
former
"subjects" ignorant, confused, and subservient.

From: "Rich D." <cmsteam@...>
Subject: Re: Rhino......"First Angle/Third Angle"??

"Peter,
I understand everything you have shown except I still
have no clue
what "First Angle" and "Third Angle" relate to. Those
phrases by
themselves mean nothing to me. ??"

Came from the naming of the quadrants - 0-90 1st,
90-180 2nd,
180-279 3rd quadrant, etc
________
/| Front |
/ | view |
/ | |
/ Object in 1st
| | quadrant
____| |________|
/ | / /
/ plan| / Plan /
/3rd< | / View /1st angle
_______|/________/
| |
object | /
in 3rd | /
quadr. | /
_______|/

Refering to different methods by calling them angles
cause lots of confusion, since people tend to
associate angle with the positions of the different
views in the ortho. proj. itself. Since they are
essentially
2 different graphic languages to describe the
same thing, IMHO, calling them American? language or
Dutch/English language would be much more appropriate.

(sure took me a long time to figure out what is IMHO)

Nederlands Lehrer

P.S. That "help from the horse's mouth" was actually
from someone from the CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO list. and it
was better help than from the McN...'s team.
Bill. You must be mighty proud of your members!!!