CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re:Encoder Velocity Est. - was re:GeckoDriv es.....

Posted by John Craddock
on 2001-03-24 19:59:05 UTC
Ray, there are a couple of references on the Texas Instruments web site in
the motor control section search for spra363, spra415 and spra416. These are
pdf app notes for the TMS320 series DSPs. Actually I am not playing with the
TI TMS320F240 motion control chip but porting some of their assembly
language routines to the Analog Devices ADMC401 chip. I have this demented
idea that I can build up a cheap AC servo from an auto alternator by using
these chips for electronic commutation using space vector modulation that
these chips are really designed for. These chips have a built in quadrature
encoder and 3 phase programmable PWM driver that I will use to drive an
International Rectifier IRPT1058 power driver module.
Regards
John Craddock