CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Eagle drill-files (was: faster steppers)

on 2001-03-26 12:06:06 UTC
Hi Larry,

This seems like an interesting program to write! I am fascinated with
such algorithms and programs! I have Orcad available to me at work, and
would prefer to do schematics in that program. What output file/format
(netlist) do you use from Orcad? OK, I'll bet you're talking about a
COMPLETE Orcad. We just have the "Capture", no board layout. :>(

I'm hoping to be able to use some level of Eagle, and generate useable
mill Gcode for small boards.

I'd love to discuss, exchange ideas with you on this, we'd probably need
to keep the "software stuff" offline!

Alan KM6VV
P.S. Thanks for the comments on Ztrace, I have no idea if they have
improved it yet or not!

P.P.S. 1 board a month sounds like several of us on the list, but not
at $320 USD!

Larry Edington wrote:

> While I haven't tested Ztrace in 2 years, when I did try it,
> I found it almost worthless.
> It's DOS, it's clunky, it's too expensive for what you get
> and it just didn't work for me.
>
> For a hobbiest doing 1 board a month using simple CAD tools
> it "might" be useable.
>
> But, using Protel 99SE or Orcad, with dual sided boards of
> low complexity I found
> it impossible to generate a useable toolpath. I sent file
> after file to the authors and never
> got a satisfactory isolation path.
>
> Isolator Pro from T-Tech however, works first time every
> time. But, it's a $2000 program.
>
> So, I've begun to write my own. My goal is Gerber in, G code
> out. Isolator Pro outputs HPGL and
> most CNC controls won't use HPGL.
>
> later,
> Larry E.

Discussion Thread

Henrik Olsson 2001-03-24 01:14:58 UTC [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Eagle drill-files (was: faster steppers) Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-03-24 12:12:28 UTC Re: Eagle drill-files (was: faster steppers) Henrik Olsson 2001-03-25 06:24:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Eagle drill-files (was: faster steppers) Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-03-25 16:19:12 UTC Re: Eagle drill-files (was: faster steppers) squirejc@m... 2001-03-25 17:20:34 UTC Re: Eagle drill-files (was: faster steppers) Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-03-26 10:35:06 UTC Re: Eagle drill-files (was: faster steppers) Larry Edington 2001-03-26 11:11:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Eagle drill-files (was: faster steppers) Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-03-26 12:06:06 UTC Re: Eagle drill-files (was: faster steppers)