CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] encoder pin out.

dave engvall wrote:

> Jon Elson wrote:
>

> > > BE-178A5 Z=250 IP64/IP50 other marking are in
> > > Cyrillic and then CCCP.
> >
> > You might open it up and poke around carefully inside. Most
> > of the older units had discrete components on a PC board, and
> > you can figure out the power terminals because they will have
> > a polarized capacitor between those 2 terminals. Once you
> > know the correct power terminals, you can figure out the
> > rest with a DVM and turning the shaft.
> >
> > Jon
>
> Interesting insides to this beast. Two IC's on one board, three transistors on another and maybe leads to 6 diodes arranged in a
> circle. Glass disk with chrome...and what I assume is a light source on the other side of the disk. Lots of caps but nothing with a
> polarity marked. manufacture date is '88. and most of the semiconductors the year before.

If you've got chips, maybe you can figure it out form them.
Hopefully, they are not some Soviet chip family not ever
heard of in the western world. What are the part #s on
the chips? You might also be able to figure it
out with wire color, red for +5, black for ground.
But, that is not always reliable.

Jon Elson 2001-03-28 14:29:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] encoder pin out. dave engvall 2001-03-28 16:17:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] encoder pin out. Jon Elson 2001-03-28 22:31:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] encoder pin out.