CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: building a box

on 2001-04-01 13:46:41 UTC
Hi,

Not a good idea. Place the drives, heatsink and power supply in a
seperate box. The drives generate considerable RFI and should not
share the same enclosure as the PC. That is the reason the STEP and
DIRECTION inputs are optically isolated; to isolate the computer from
the electrical noise the drives generate. Both are happy that way.

Mariss

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., jvicars@c... wrote:
> I am putting together another 3 axis system with Geckos. Is there
any
> reason I should not put everything inside the PC box? There will
be 3
> geckos, heat sink, 70VDC power supply and an extra fan, plus the
> regular PC stuff.
> Will this cause any problems like EMF or something?

Discussion Thread

jvicars@c... 2001-04-01 08:36:36 UTC building a box mariss92705@y... 2001-04-01 13:46:41 UTC Re: building a box carlcnc@s... 2001-04-01 19:52:06 UTC Re: building a box