CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC Project Needs Help: Slo-Syn Translator

Posted by Brian Pitt
on 2001-04-08 11:52:45 UTC
On Sunday 08 April 2001 06:31, you wrote:
> I have an older Slo-Syn Translator, Model ST101A with no manual and
> need help getting it to drive a SLO-SYN stepper motor. The unit is a
> rack mount box with only a power switch, speed control pot, and a +/-
> switch (which I take to be a forward/reverse switch) on the front
> panel, and 10 screw terminals on back, labeled as follows. Can
> anyone clear up how to use these terminal assignments?
>
> 1 - RUN 1
> 2 - PU OUT
> 3 - CW PU
> 4 - CCW PU
> 5 - VO
> 6 - M1
> 7 - M3
> 8 - M4
> 9 - M5
> 10- +24V

I've got the manual to its brother the STM101 ,this thing is a museum piece
its a unipolar driver and your going to need current limiting resistors on
the center taps to ground

m1 coil1a (red wire)
m3 coil1b (white/red)
m4 coil2a (white/green)
m5 coil2b (green)

the center taps (white and black wires) each have a series resistor to +24v
you'll have to figure the values for your motors ,someware arround 10 Ohm 100W
the other terminals are
VO=gnd
RUN 1=pull low to start internal 555 timer
PU OUT=pulse output from 555 can be sent into the cw or ccw pulse/step inputs-
CW PU
CCW PU
these two can also be driven externaly from the computer
the 555 circuit is for running the motor as a standalone unit and can be
disabled and ignored for computer control you may have to open the case
to do disconnect the +/- switch to do this

Brian

Discussion Thread

dpolan@c... 2001-04-08 06:31:16 UTC CNC Project Needs Help: Slo-Syn Translator Doug Fortune 2001-04-08 08:43:37 UTC CNC Project Needs Help: Slo-Syn Translator Brian Pitt 2001-04-08 11:52:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC Project Needs Help: Slo-Syn Translator Brian Pitt 2001-04-08 12:04:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC Project Needs Help: Slo-Syn Translator dpolan@c... 2001-04-08 13:02:09 UTC Re: CNC Project Needs Help: Slo-Syn Translator