CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Scratch-built CNC mill

Posted by Ted Robbins
on 1999-08-26 20:11:08 UTC
Years ago I worked at a place that machined to 50 millionths, long before
it was done any way except by grinding. It was necessary to machine and
anneal a number of times to get down to the final dimension. A longer time
had to elapse between machining passes to allow the part to reach the
control temperature as the final size was approached. Feedback was based
on the temperature of the machine so the part had to be at the machine
temperature. Correcting equations won't work well because the heat is spot
heat, not even heat.