CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: I think somebofy got a STEAL on a Monarch 16 x 30" lathe!

on 2001-04-17 16:30:34 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@e..., "John Stevenson" <machines@n...> wrote:
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@e..., Jon Elson <jmelson@a...> wrote:
> > I was drooling over the Monarch lathe on eBay last night!
> > It went for $909!
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=578640496
> > Ohhh, that was tempting, but I was just a little worried about
> moving
> > 9000 Lbs of lathe into my basement!
> >
> Jon
> Take a look at
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/machines/lathe1.jpg
> I got this two weeks ago. It was thrown out with a broken gearbox.
> The gearbox is a hydraulic 24 speed pre selectot same as the
Monarch.
> I got the lathe for free, just had to collect. Actually it cost me
10
> GBP as my one tonne crane wouldn't lift it. It weights 1.6 tonne [
> 3584 lbs ]and I needed a fork lift load from the next company.
> Then look at
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/machines/Pulley.jpg
> and you can see what the 'expensive' gearbox repair is. The nut had
> come loose on the output shaft, let the pulley come loose on the
> taper and it split the hub. It just required a new steel centre
boss
> machining.
>
> John Stevenson
> Nottingham, England.

Sorry got the pulley link mixed up.

Discussion Thread

Jon Elson 2001-04-17 15:36:18 UTC I think somebofy got a STEAL on a Monarch 16 x 30" lathe! John Stevenson 2001-04-17 16:30:34 UTC Re: I think somebofy got a STEAL on a Monarch 16 x 30" lathe!