CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: CncPRO "pause steps" function

on 2001-04-21 10:13:52 UTC
> From: ballendo@...
> Subject: CncPRO "pause steps" function was Re: PICS as L297 replacements
>
> How was/is it implemented?
>
> > Doug Yeager added a "pause" feature to CNCPro when I asked him
> about it.

A configuration bit allows the Estop input to function as a conventional
Estop or as a "Pause". The difference is that when the Pause signal "goes
away", operation resumes. In EStop, it's stopped, plain and simple.

As I said, though, this hardware has never actually gotten to a machine,
although it may one day. I have a machine with a suspect leadscrew ( in the
knee ) that's not a candidate for a ballscrew replacement, so I may try
things with that.

Alan

--

Alan Rothenbush | The Spartans do not ask the number of the
Academic Computing Services | enemy, only where they are.

Discussion Thread

Alan Rothenbush 2001-04-21 10:13:52 UTC Re: CncPRO "pause steps" function