CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Inexpensive servo/stepper motor control?

Posted by Doug Fortune
on 2001-04-26 17:05:21 UTC
Ralph Seguin wrote:

> Are there any inexpensive systems for driving 3 or
> more axes?

Check out:
http://users.utu.fi/kaansa/stepper1.html

or a bunch of other homebrew electronics links on my website.
In particular, look at all the low power ( 1.5A and less) French
4 axis controllers.

>I am interested in using Linux (I only run UNIX) to
>drive it, but will run Windows if necessary.

Your choice of DOS, DOZE, or UNIX, both free and low cost
(ie under $200) links also listed on the website. All of these
are Step & Direction driven from the parallel port, and read GCode.

regards
Doug Fortune
http://www.cncKITS.com

Discussion Thread

Doug Fortune 2001-04-26 17:05:21 UTC Inexpensive servo/stepper motor control?