CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re: killing bacteria, Killing EPROM Bugs

on 2001-04-30 11:47:35 UTC
Hi Hugh, List,

I bought a 12" or so lamp and fixture, delivered to the office about 20+
years ago when I started to work with EPROM's. Cost me $20 USD then. I
still use it, my son borrowed it for the 16C73's, until he found out
that the 16F877's could be ELECTRICALLY ERASED. So dad's got it back.

Alan KM6VV
P.S. That must be how it works in EPROM's, it KILLS the Program bugs!

Hugh Prescott wrote:

> Available from many electricial distb's also known as germicide lamps.
>
> Tube is quartz not glass as glass will not transmit it UV output.
>
> Also used to erase EPROMS, the ones that have the quartz windows.
>
> Mine is a Sylvania G15T8 Germicide, use it on EPROMS in an old push to start
> fixture.
>
> Expensive because of the quartz tube. $ 18-25 10 years ago.
>
> Hugh

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-04-30 11:47:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re: killing bacteria, Killing EPROM Bugs