CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

CAM for EMC

Posted by Dan Falck
on 1999-09-05 08:25:58 UTC
Arne,

If you are a programmer, could you work on a simple GUI CAM program to go
along with EMC? The reason that I ask is, I am not a programmer, but do
have machines running with EMC. Jon Elson's CAM routines are a Godsend for
doing some stuff at the control (boring holes, rectangles, etc...) but I'm
sure that nobody would object to more stuff on the CAM end of EMC.
Since I am not a programmer, I can't offer anything except help on the
hardware setup. My offer for free stepper motors to someone who does
additional programming for EMC/CAM is still standing. I have a lot of
different sized motors Nema 23s and 34s, single stack and double stack.
How about this- make a DXF to EMC/CAM converter with a bit of graphics
to see what's going on and I will donate 3 size 34 double stack steppers
and some additional help with hardware setup to the programmer who does
this. It doesn't need to be open source, which I wouldn't expect the
programmer to do unless they want to. But it does need to be free to EMC
users so that they can get more work done faster.

Thanks,
Dan Falck

At 07:24 AM 9/5/1999 , you wrote:
>From: "Arne Chr. Jorgensen" <instel@...>

>Just forgive me if I am expressing stupid or common stuff, - as I
>haven't operated anything yet !
>
>( anyone have a job for me ? I sure am frustrated, having no
>machine available :-)
>
>//ARNE

Discussion Thread

Dan Falck 1999-09-05 08:25:58 UTC CAM for EMC