CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Sherline Mods in Files Area

Posted by ballendo@y...
on 2001-05-10 05:21:34 UTC
Rich,

That spindle lock looks really familiar... :-) Nice work!

The saddle nut mod will work for the old style mill Z axis (and
lathe) nuts. You can use the new style mill nut (which has a locking
arm) by driling a hole in the end of the arm for a wire which holds
the "LOCK" in a "partly" locked position...

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Rich D." <cmsteam@a...> wrote:
> Hi Gang,
> I have placed in the "SHERLINE" Files area, in the Folder "Rich D's
Views"
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sherline/files/Rich%20D%27s%20Views/
> a pic of the Saddle nut mod for lash adjustment. Simply saw cut
thru the
> center of the threaded portion and squeeze closed enough to obtain
the
> needed fit.
> To open up, should you over do it, force a wedge into to slot. The
nut
> is hard bearing bronze.
> Also in a seperate folder "Spindle Lock" are a series of pics
showing my
> attempt at a spindle locking device. This is not for the faint of
heart.
> Drilling into the head as shown will miss the vital parts. Use the
lock
> pin (a slight pip was left on the top) to score a line on the
pulley
> underside then divide for 4 holes. There should be enough clues to
build
> your own version.
> Have fun,
> Rich D.