CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Useful site RS232 cutouts

on 2001-05-10 13:15:51 UTC
Ian, Bill,

That URL helps, but what we really need is the *CUTOUT* drawings. I've
come up with some of the arcs, and expanded the sizes of the connector
to get a fair cutout, but more dimensioning information is needed.
I.E., the dim of the bottom width, the angle of the sides. Cutting the
holes with CNC is certainly better then with a drill and nibbler! NOTE:
milling the end/sides of a sheet metal box, GOTTA SUPPORT IT! ;>(

B CNC'n U!

Alan KM6VV

William Scalione wrote:

> Ian,
>
> I've been looking for the dimensions also, just found this site.
> First click on Std D-Sub in either crimp or solder Then you need to
> click on the one you want for a pdf file of that connector. Seems to
> have everything except the radius of the corners. Actually you
> need to look at only one pdf file as all of the standard sizes are
> listed.
>
> Bill
>
> http://www.norcomp.net/dsubminconnectors.htm
>
> > Hi Ian,
> >
> > Oh Yeah, that gets a bookmark! Thanks for the URL. Now to find a good
> > source for the DIMENSIONS of the cutouts (DB25, DB15 etc), So I can
> > machine them! I have made up my own, but I'd like to check the
> > dimensions more.
> >
> > B CNC'n U!
> >
> > Alan KM6VV

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-05-10 13:15:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Useful site RS232 cutouts