CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 5 Axis EMC/BDI

Posted by Paul
on 2001-05-12 12:03:59 UTC
Hi Allan

The BDI EMC is allready compiled with support for up to six axis - All that is
required is editing of the ini files and hacking the prefered GUI.
You can do all the file editing from linux using the text editor found under
Applications (Just click on that odd looking K, bottom left corner).
There is a six axis tkemc floating around somewhere that is used with the NIST
hexapod.

Regards, Paul.

On Sat, 12 May 2001, allan_r9@... wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Can someone describe the process of adding 2 rotary axis to the
> standard XYZ linear configuration of the BDI EMC? So far I have
> followed Ian Wright's pattern for his 4 axis setup, but can't get a 5
> axis screen to show. Also, if I do the file editing in Win2000, will
> the end-of-line from Windows be a problem in Linux/EMC? Is a re-
> compile of the EMC required? I'm new to the EMC, so any help will be
> appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Allan

Discussion Thread