CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Drives (boards) needed for small steppers,suggestions?

on 2001-05-13 19:57:35 UTC
For a antibacklash nut here is one proposal.
If you can translate it into bronce pieces then "Guten Appetit"
I posted it a few month ago.:
Good Luck
Sven Peter

Hello Rick here comes the Hamburger-Hotdog design,

I'll better compare it this way to save me some time to make a sketch
and scan it with the fax.
But imagine that your nut is round and sliced in the middle like a
hamburger.
In spite of meat you put a sausage in the middle. Which is the screw.
The springs squeeze the nut half's together like your hands the bread.
And the cylinder is like a can you stuff your hamburger into. It
wouldn't let the nut come out
horizontally but allows to compense misalignments in the rotary axis and
height.

The sausage would break, so chop out some material from the can's wall.
We forgot mustard or ketchup (oil)? Drill through the top of the can
until the
sausage a hole. Normally I countersink the hole on top of the upper part
of the
nut. As well that I fit a small piece of felt in the hole to keep dirt
out of
the nut.

You like Hamburger out of phosphor bronze and steel?
Good appetite!

I hope this helps.
Sven Peter