CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Angular contact / B.P ball screws

Posted by Hugh Currin
on 2001-05-17 09:10:43 UTC
Dave, et al:

At 10:04 PM 5/16/01 -0400, Dave wrote:
>CADMAN,
>
>I would suggest that anyone that is converting a BP or clone call:
>
>Rockford Ball Screw Co. 1-800-475-9532 and request their catalog. I did the
>foot-work a few years ago, and the choice was between HiWin's or RBC. RBC
>had the stuff in stock. I would have had a 6 MONTH wait for the imports. RBC
>sells a kit of angular contact bearings and spacers for B.P.'s( even
>included a large tube of Mobil Synthetic grease ).

I had a similar experience with Rockford & HiWin. HiWin's lead times were
long. I purchased ball screws from Rockford for my SuperMax (Bridgeport
copy) mill. Rockford had drawings for SuperMax retrofit ball screws which
I was able to buy. They were a little more expensive than Bridgeport
retrofit screws but fit right in. If you call Rockford you might ask about
your specific mill if it's not a Bridgeport.

Hugh Currin
Klamath Falls, OR

Discussion Thread

David Volosky 2001-05-16 19:05:17 UTC Angular contact / B.P ball screws Hugh Currin 2001-05-17 09:10:43 UTC Re: Angular contact / B.P ball screws