CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Servo Control

Paul Corner wrote:

> > This is all so INSANE, I just can't understand why anyone would want to dothings like this.
> > One other consideration is that noise pulses in combined logic & power systems are inevitable.
>
> P.S. If a low cost servo amp is developed, would you use a thyristor bridge or
> transistor design ?

My servo amps use power FETs in a full-bridge configuration, running in a PWM scheme
at 100 KHz. The setup on my machine has a bandwidth of about 2.5 KHz on the
velocity loop. I'm running the positioning loop calculation at 1 KHz.

Jon Elson 1999-09-13 23:56:34 UTC Re: Servo Control Joe V 2002-02-09 19:50:52 UTC Servo Control