CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: GEM-500PCN bedmill

Posted by Les Watts
on 2001-05-25 18:49:01 UTC
Not being a bearing manufacturer I can only guess!
The hand etching and machine marking might be done after
the selection process.

As far as the bearing retainers... My catalogs show a variety
of retainers available for all grades. It might be that higher
speed retainers are seen more in higher grade bearings
simply because they are used more.

I have also heard that class abec 7 and 9 are picked, not made. If the
control limits were abec 1 and 7 then xbar
would need to be about abec 5. But then they would still have
to be 100% inspected to retrieve the higher grades. More
likely a whole batch will sometimes come in at very high grade
so a sampling plan might be used to catch that.

I can say that of the last 30 or so FAG 7205 ABEC-1 bearings I got ALL of
them were ABEC-3 or better as far as runout...
I indicated them. That is why I picked that brand... they do not make 3's
and 5's anymore I was told. Not statistically significant though... another
batch might be much poorer.

But I have always been amazed that I can buy an abec 1
bearing accurate to four tenths TIR for a couple bucks. I honestly have no
idea how they can do that.

Leslie Watts
L M Watts Furniture
Tiger, Georgia USA