CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Looking for a site on making a stepper driver

on 2001-06-03 13:56:49 UTC
Hi John,

There were several stepper drivers mentioned or posted about a week or
so ago, under the '555 thread. May I suggest you review these
"starting" designs, and try one of them? Unipolar would be a little
easier, IMO, and less prone to "frying", as there are no transistor
pairs DIRECTLY across motor + and ground, as in the case of the
H-bridge. Here's one from the "files":

A place to start! Note that you will probably want to allow connection
of the "step & direction" pins to a parallel port. The previous thread
also mentions the changes that can be made to this circuit.

Alan KM6VV

John wrote:

> Hi group I want to learn on how to make a stepper driver is there a
> site out there or a book that can help me > I know there are a few
> in the group that make them but I want to try making one my self the
> worst part here would be it wont work . Besides the Canadaian Money
> is too low now that extra .57cents on the dollar is killing me.
>
> John
>
> Welcome to CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@...,an unmoderated list for the discussion of shop built systems, for CAD, CAM, EDM, and DRO.

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-06-03 13:56:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Looking for a site on making a stepper driver