CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] What is the best and easiest way to use 2 X-axis bipolar motors?

on 2001-06-07 13:01:07 UTC
Hi,

You really don't want to connect TWO motors to the same DRIVER, but if
the motors are wired properly, you can have the controller x axis
connected to TWO DRIVERS. This should work out fine. Obviously,
turning the appropriate directions! ;>) But you knew that! Should be
some examples of this at the SuperCam site:

http://www.super-tech.com/root/sc.htm

Alan KM6VV

balloonbuster@... wrote:

> I am going to be using 2 Nema 34 bipolar motors for the X axis on my
> small routing unit. The X axis will be appr. 4 feet in length. I have
> heard of using a type of timing belt to synch the 2 shafts and
> motors, but I was hoping that there was an easier way to perhaps have
> both motors controlled from the same X axis controller. Is this
> possible without problems.

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-06-07 13:01:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] What is the best and easiest way to use 2 X-axis bipolar motors?