CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] controlling brushless dc servos

carlcnc@... wrote:

> I have a small xyz, brushless dc servos,with copely amps set for "hall
> effect"
> What can I use for control card,software ?
>
> thanks
> Carl

That depends. Do the Copley amps use +/- 10 Volt signals to control
motor velocity? The CNC control doesn't need to know anything about
the motors, as long as the amps and encoders work together correctly
to commutate the motor at the right positions.

IF the Copley amps do take +/- 10 V signals, then the Servo-to-Go
card or the Pico Systems parallel port axis control will work. You can
see the latter at http://pico-systems.com/PPMC.html .
This will support up to 4 axes, with encoder counters and 16-bit
DACs for the servo amps. I am working on digital I/O for this set.
It will cost $500 for the encoder counters, DACs and the motherboard.

EMC is my personal favorite, and my boards work only with that at the
moment. You can see some materials about it at http://linuxcnc.org

carlcnc@e... 2001-06-09 20:02:36 UTC controlling brushless dc servos Jon Elson 2001-06-09 21:22:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] controlling brushless dc servos