CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Estop connection

DHolness@... wrote:

> From: DHolness@...
>
> I'm installing limit /home switch on my mill after going without for some
> time. For EMC what is the pin connection for an Emergency stop switch since
> on the listing in the emc instruction they only list the limits.

There really isn't a pin assigned for this purpose. I have a whole circuit that
hooks up to the STG watchdog, the E-stop command from EMC, and a chain
of fault and manual E-stop switches. It has a flip-flop that controls power to
the servo amps and aux functions (like spindle and coolant), and also signals
the EMC when an external E-stop ocurrs. I ought to put the schematic on
my web page, but haven't done it, yet. Let me know if you can take a
PostScript file, or need it in some other format.

DHolness@x... 1999-09-17 16:27:06 UTC Re: Estop connection Jon Elson 1999-09-17 23:56:04 UTC Re: Estop connection DHolness@x... 1999-09-18 16:14:43 UTC Re: Estop connection Jon Elson 1999-09-18 21:45:09 UTC Re: Estop connection