CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] albrecht chucks

on 2001-06-13 20:09:17 UTC
Hello Gerald.
I were able to do it only with a polish copy, but never were able to do it
with the original. In Germany you get the spare parts. So it must be possible.
The separation line of the threaded housing half's is supposed to be between
the knurled part and the plain part of the maximum diameter.
It is supposed to be right thread. But as the same chuck starts to tighten up
when the drill tends to slip the same happens with this fine assembly thread.
It gets so tight I never were able to open the original Albrecht chuck.

Before I got my first Albrecht chuck I was at the point to throw away my
drill press. Now I don't want to change it!
All my three Albrecht chucks are after 10 years of work still like brand new
and I do not want to have any other brand any more in my shop.

Small tip:
You get them for the same price in Dollar in Germany in Marks.
That means they cost less than the half in Germany. (180Marks = 80$ in stead
of 180$)
Good Luck
Sven Peter