CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Biax scraper

on 2001-06-21 20:09:32 UTC
Hello Doug,
DonĀ“t ask me about models, but my personel experience with
machine scrapers is:::::::::::
First you have two types: 1 for normal flat scraping,
2. for finishing (the half moon stile like on Wells - Index machines)
The first one work great only for big and easy bedways and only for
roughing. You MUST finish by hand. And the time you save is not that much
compared to hand scraping. And if you have bad luck you break more
inserts with the machine.
The second one is only for finishing a readily scraped bedway. Frankly seeing the result from all Wells - Index mills (And some other brands with the same surface finish) I had to repair (min. 6) I am not very much
impressed.
If the half moon finish is too deep like in the mentioned brand the slide
blupp-blupp-blupps over the tips.
The investment is only useful for somebody like me who makes a living from
bedway scraping. (and I try to get away from this kind of work to get
the better paid ones)
Good luck
Sven Peter

Doug Harrison wrote:

> I have located a used Biax way scraper. The model is 8EM. The distributor does not even list this model on their website. Does anyone have knowledge of Biax power scrapers? The one I think I really need is a model 7ELM.
>
> Doug

Doug Harrison 2001-06-21 15:34:53 UTC Biax scraper Sven Peter, TAD S.A. 2001-06-21 20:09:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Biax scraper