CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Rhino ST\6 cnc lathe, opinions/ experiences?

on 2001-06-29 08:30:12 UTC
Kent,
I did quite a bit of work for Rhino in years past - I believe that they have
been basically out of business for some time - Could be wrong but I believe
they had an auction nearly 10 years ago - They mostly built very small
robots for use in schools and the lathe was an effort to expand the market -
Their lathe was never very successful but it seemed to be fairly well made
except for the controller Roland Friestad

*******************
Message: 11 DIGEST 1459
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 23:51:38 -0400
From: "Kent Frazier" <kfrazier@...>
Subject: Rhino ST\6 cnc lathe, opinions/ experiences?

Hi All,
I am looking at a Rhino ST\6 cnc lathe, anyone use this machine for anything
other than machine tool lab in school? The machine I am considering is one
of the very first ones they made, serial # 00X range, is there any down side
to an early model from this company and how is Rhino in terms of support for
old second hand machines?
Kent

Discussion Thread

Kent Frazier 2001-06-28 20:50:19 UTC Rhino ST\6 cnc lathe, opinions/ experiences? Roland Friestad 2001-06-29 08:30:12 UTC Re: Rhino ST\6 cnc lathe, opinions/ experiences?