CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Large ball screw source?

Posted by Leslie Watts
on 1999-09-20 12:15:48 UTC
Bertho Boman wrote:

> From: Bertho Boman <boman@...>
>
> I am looking for a source for 1.25" ball screws. I have seen several suggestions for 3/4" ones but does anyone know any good
> sources for low-cost big ones. I need anti-backlash nuts but not high accuracy since I am using linear encoders.
>
> Bertho Boman
> ===============================

I have been using rolled 25mm ballscrews from Hiwin
(http://www.hiwin.com.tw). They are class C7 which is about .002"/ft
lead error. They have a single oversize ball 5% preloaded nut. The price
is about half that of Thomson or THK. They have 32 mm (1.2598") ball
circle screws as well but expect long lead times as they do not stock
much. I work only a few miles from their U.S. distribution center and
can
check for stock next time I go in.

--
Leslie M. Watts