CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: 12 teeth48pitch

on 2001-07-02 05:11:12 UTC
Thanks Todd for responding,

> The first thing you have to know is center distance between the two
gear's and what ratio you want to run....>

In other words, for gear, it is insufficient info?

But for rack and pinion, one is no longer dealing with gear ratio
anymore, isn't it? We would have to have matching teeth on the rack?
And on revolution of the "pinion" would equal to 1 circumference of
the pinion? There would be no amplification or reduction? gear ratio
= 1?

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "TODD BOMBACI" <todd.bombaci@w...> wrote:
> Peter
> The first thing you have to know is center distance between the two
gear's and what ratio you want to run.The gear you have on your shaft
could be short or long addendum or some kind of special. There is
quit a few variable's when doing gear design . When you get down to
12 teeth they will almost always fatten up the tooth for more
strength and to eliminate the under cutting in the root area.

TODD BOMBACI 2001-07-02 03:26:20 UTC 12 teeth48pitch cadcamcenter@y... 2001-07-02 05:11:12 UTC Re: 12 teeth48pitch Smoke 2001-07-11 07:40:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: 12 teeth48pitch