CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Vector / Ace Converter etc.

on 2001-07-05 05:23:45 UTC
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Fraser [mailto:mfraser@...]
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 3:26 AM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Vector / Ace Converter etc.

>I'm having some trouble adapting to Vector's propensity to put things where
IT wants, rather
t>han where I want them, but that may come with time.

I've noticed this, and also its unbridaled intelligence to trim differently
than I'd intended. Thank goodness for "break->intersection" and the delete
key. I've also found that, if anything is selected on the drawing, VectorCAD
only prints the selected area and not the entire drawing. If anything, it
should have a print-all/print-selected option

>Your 486 should be just fine for ACE. Note that it's now GPL'd, and as one
of
>the people who bought it before Doug turned it over to the public domain,
I'd like
>to see the community (OUR community, right here) do some development on the
>code. I suspect there are many variations in DXF implementation - that's a
good

place to start, perhaps....

Where might one obtain the source code to ACE? Where possible, I always like
to have the source to the tools I use just in the case of something going
wrong and the Vendor not being able to support it.

>Win 3.1 on DR-DOS? which version of the latter? I thought that was the
>issue that gave DR the $$ to form Lineo? (I regretfully gave up DRDOS
>because I just *had to* make Win3.1 (3.11?) work....

It's been a while since I've worked with either of those, but I seem to
remember having Win 3.11 work on both Novell DOS-7 and DR-DOS 6. Where
possible, I try to keep MicroSoft out of the picture. But, it's becoming
more difficult with each passing day. Sorry to read about the appeals
judge's ruling. :(

> Have fun / mark
I am. Between trying to make parts and working on the CNC & Drawings it's a
blast!

-- Carol & Jerry Jankura
Strongsville, Ohio
So many toys, so little time

Discussion Thread

Mark Fraser 2001-07-05 00:29:23 UTC Vector / Ace Converter etc. Carol & Jerry Jankura 2001-07-05 05:23:45 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Vector / Ace Converter etc.