CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport spindle bearings - do they like it when you ...

Posted by ptengin@a...
on 2001-07-06 22:07:10 UTC
In a message dated 07/06/2001 5:53:03 PM Hawaiian Standard Time,
garyswindell@... writes:

> So what kind of noise is normal, and do you damage anything by
> breaking off end mills like this?
>
> Thanks.

The spindle bearings in my Hardinge DV-59 went south about a week ago. It
started out as a real faint growl. As the hours went by, the growl got
louder. By the end of the second day, I couldn't run it above 1500 RPM for
more than 5 minutes or the noise was too hard to take . I had to get a job
done so I pushed it but I'd work on them way before they get that noisy. Try
running your machine for a few more hours/ days. If you did do damage, it
will become painfully apparent.

Peter
THRD, Inc.

ptengin@a... 2001-07-06 22:07:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport spindle bearings - do they like it when you ... JanRwl@A... 2001-07-06 22:38:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport spindle bearings - do they like it when you ...