CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: punches

Posted by lew best
on 2001-07-13 18:53:34 UTC
Don't know whether I'll ever use the biggie; it was $5 or $10 so a tool nut
like me just "couldn't pass it up." :):) Too good a conversation piece to
pass up!

Lew

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph [mailto:toybuilder@...]
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 8:47 PM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: punches

Thanks for the pictures and measurements, Lew! I don't mind who
addressed whom... The answers from everyone have been very
informative and interesting.

Boy, that's a *huge* punch! You can just about squeeze a coke can
through that hole!

Joseph
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "lew best" <bcl@c...> wrote:
> Hi Joseph, Alan and everyone
>
> First off, my apologies to you, Joseph for directing the response
to Alan;
> got mixed up as to who made the original post.
>
> I uploaded some pix of the punches I have; maybe it'll help clarify
how they
> are designed.
>
> The specs:
>
> Large punch; Greenlee punch for 2" conduit fittings. Age and
amount of use
> unknown; bought at a pawnshop. Inside: 2.457 in. Punch is 2.426
at the
> points where it enters die; 2.416 at center. Don't know if this is
design
> or "use flare."
>
> Small round; 5/8" Pioneer chassis punch. Belonged to my late Dad,
use
> unknown but looks like it was, probably very little. Die is .6260"
inside,
> punch is .6253".
>
> Square is 1.00" inside die; .986" punch. Also belonged to my Dad,
looks to
> be unused as the discoloration in the pix is cosmoline.
>
> Hope this helps yall, all of my old machines are at least 40-50
years old
> but I find a lot of useful info on this list even for my old manual
> equipment. Wish I could contribute more.
>
> Lew Best
> Waco, TX 76710

Addresses:

Post messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com