CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Confusion on Geckodrive website

on 2001-07-14 13:25:25 UTC
Hi Tim,

$99, that's great! What's the going rate on G210's? Mariss' site
(geckodrive.com) has them priced at $129. Should I just call Mariss'
for them too? I followed geckodrives.com, and when looking for the
G210's, I got to:

GeckoDrives@..., and
http://www.mendonet.com/cnclinks/index.html

where I previously bought my Sanyo Denki stepper motors. Seems like a
good source of motors.

Alan KM6VV

Tim Goldstein wrote:

> John,
>
> I think you are getting to the wrong site. The site of the maker of these
> drives is www.geckodrive.com and you will see the drive listed at $99 and
> you have to either call or e-mail to order as they have no order page, but
> they have a clear contact page with the below addresses. There is a
> Geckodrive distributor that I feel is undermining the reputation of the
> Geckodrive company by cyber squatting on the domain www.geckodrives.com
> (they added an "s" to the end of the name). They have an order page and are
> charging $199 per drive for a G320.
>
> Contact the actual maker through the below methods to order the G320 at the
> $99 price.
>
> E-mail: info@...
> Orders: order@...
> Web page: steve@...
>
> Telephone: (714) 771-1662
> FAX Orders: (714) 771-4867
>
> Geckodrive, Inc.
> 9702 Rangeview Dr.
> Santa Ana, CA 92705
>
> I am forwarding a copy of this to Gecko as a heads up of the confusion this
> is causing and that the addition of the link "Manufacturers Corporate Site"
> to the cyber squatters home page has not corrected the situation. I am also
> sending this to the CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO list to help others from getting
> confused and paying too much for the Geckodrive servo products.
>
> Tim
> [Denver, CO]

Discussion Thread

Tim Goldstein 2001-07-13 15:21:37 UTC Confusion on Geckodrive website Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-07-14 13:25:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Confusion on Geckodrive website