CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Vector & ACE Converter

on 2001-07-16 14:05:40 UTC
Henrik:

I have exactly the same problem, and I believe it is a bug in how VectorCAD
writes the DXF file. Simply put your part in a layer OTHER than layer 0. For
some reason, ACE will not process the layer '0' generated by VectorCAD.

I drew a rectangle in layer 0 using Intellicad 2001 and saved it as a DXF
file. ACE had no problem converting this DXF file into a set of G-Codes. I
then drew the same rectangle in layer 0 using VectorCAD and saved it as a
DXF file. ACE Converter never showed a layer 0 and was not able to convert
this DXF to G-Codes. I then selected the four lines, changed the layer name
using the object attributes, and saved it as a DXF file. ACE Converter
showed this layer, and was able to convert it to G-Code.

-- Jerry Jankura
Strongsville, Ohio
So many toys, so little time