CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: the great CAD debate

on 2001-07-28 18:37:32 UTC
On Sat, 28 Jul 2001 21:08:17 -0400, ron ginger <ronginger@...>
wrote:

>I am something of a CAD juinkie- Ive bought several of the low end
>packages, as well as both Bobcad and Vector.

Hi ... My name is Fitch and I'm a CADaholic.

I have BobCAD/CAM, VectorCAD/CAM, and of course IntelliCAD, and every
free 3D demo I can fine, the free version of Solid Edge (not installed
yet). I think some of the Demo's have expired and I haven't even
loaded them yet. I've downloaded the Rhino Demo twice, including the
manual, but haven't installed it once yet. Sigh ...

Now that I have The Animal sitting in the garage I have had to force
myself to stay with just Bob and Vector for a while. Parts to make
donchaknow.

Tiph has the student version of MicroStation Designer - she used it to
make a topographic map of our lot here as part of her senior project -
and all the other drawings she had to do at Cal Poly. She likes it a
lot better than AutoCAD (which she used in a summer job). I mention
it because it would do a wonderful job of plotting water lines on a 3D
hull model from offsets. That is essentially what it did for the lot
here based on the Theodolite data. She used to have it on this
machine but now that she is home for the summer, and leaving in a
couple of weeks for Notre Dame, I have un installed it (first step in
the 10 step program is to un install at least one package?).

Fitch
In So. Cal.

The FAQ for RCM is: http://w3.uwyo.edu/~metal
Metal Web News at http://www.metalwebnews.com
The "Drop Box" is at http://www.metalworking.com/

Discussion Thread

ron ginger 2001-07-28 17:58:03 UTC Re: the great CAD debate Fitch R. Williams 2001-07-28 18:37:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: the great CAD debate Smoke 2001-07-28 18:43:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: the great CAD debate ballendo@y... 2001-07-28 20:19:32 UTC Re: the great CAD debate Jon Anderson 2001-07-28 20:27:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: the great CAD debate Craig Chamberlin 2001-07-28 20:30:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: the great CAD debate cnc002@a... 2001-07-29 08:10:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: the great CAD debate