CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 1520

on 2001-07-30 06:52:52 UTC
Jens,

You might watch for the next two issues of HOME SHOP MACHINIST in which
there will be articles on making a DRO using digital calipers for a small
mill/drill -

My experience is also as mentioned on another post - The update rate is too
slow for effective use as a control element - I would guess that the faster
signals are there if you could locate them but as the instrument is so
specifically purpose-designed that the faster signals would be very hard to
access -

Roland Friestad
cardinal.eng@...
www.cardinaleng.com

*********************
>Message: 1 - Digest 1520
> Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 11:36:40 +0200
> From: "J. J. Larsen" <jjl@...>
>Subject: Digital caliper interface.
>
>Hi all.
>
>I have bought 2 cheap Taiwan/China made digital calipers. It´s my intension
>to mount them on my mill, so they can work as a DRO.
>
>On the calipers, under a small cap, there is a 4 pole PCB edge-connector
>interface. What is that for ? Is it some kind of output ( rs232,
>quadratur ) to an external display ? or is it some kind of factory
>calibration interface ?
>The "manual" ( a little piece of paper) tells nothing.
>
>If it´s some kind of output (what I hope it is) I will try to make some kind
>of external display.
>

>Does anyone have any information, links, plans for interfacing, software ?
>

>Thanks in advance
>
>Jens J. Larsen
>Denmark

Discussion Thread

Roland Friestad 2001-07-30 06:52:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 1520 info.host@b... 2001-07-30 08:29:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 1520 info.host@b... 2001-07-30 08:36:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 1520