CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: EMC Encoders - G20 on EMC startup

Posted by Ray
on 2001-08-04 10:13:26 UTC
From: "William Scalione" <wscalione@...>

>Question, in the ini file I have G20 set as the startup parameter
>yet it still starts up with G21 as the default. Any ideas? Also
>can I put other startup parameters in there - G61 perhaps?

IMO The problem here with the BDI-2.04 is that the ini line will set g20 as
the default but tkemc does not read those defaults on startup. Try
reset under the file menu and see if it doesn't switch to g20 in the display
window. This seems to have been fixed in newer EMC code.

Yes you can set some other defaults on that same line. G61 works. I set
G18 for a lathe here.

If you are willing/able to add a line of code to the file named

/usr/local/emc/plat/linux_2_2_18/bin/tkemc

go to line 1451 and add

emc_task_plan_init

save your change and that should take care of the problem at least until
you reinstall emc.

HTH

Ray

Discussion Thread

Ray 2001-08-04 10:13:26 UTC Re: Re: EMC Encoders - G20 on EMC startup