CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Need help with program setup.

on 2001-08-06 11:52:39 UTC
Hi Norm,

I've only briefly examined Rigotti's router driver hardware (the
manual), and I see that it is unipolar. How have you connected you
motors? Did you have to cable them up yourself? If the CNC package is
similar, you'll have to get the 4 phases of the motors connected
correctly, or they won't run!

I'd suggest you divide the problem. A 'scope can be used to examine the
step and direction signals generated by the software.

A 555 timer or function generator can be used to generate square waves
to drive the driver board. "Other" step/dir software and hardware can
be used to "test out" what you have.

Is this controller a true "Windoz" program? Or are you trying to run it
in a DOS box? If it's really a DOS program, like most other DOS
controller programs, it probably WON'T run correctly in a DOS window.
Exit to "DOS" mode, and attempt to run it from there. Windoz will
otherwise be generating interrupts and slicing up the processor's time,
and driving the stepper driver crazy!

HTH

Alan KM6VV

rnweller@... wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have the Hobby CNC package from Dave Rigotti and I'm trying to
> configure the EZ-CNC program to work with it in Windows. There are
> signals going to the motors, but I can not establish a smooth
> movement. The motors make noise and try to move, but only
> occasionally will the motor actually move through complete
> revolutions. I feel it's a problem with the setup, but I've reached
> a very high level of frustration right now. If anyone has gotten
> this program to work with this hardware package, please contact me so
> I can resolve the setup and try to get everything working properly.
> Thanks to all.
>
> Norm

Discussion Thread

rnweller@w... 2001-08-06 08:15:57 UTC Need help with program setup. Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-08-06 11:52:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Need help with program setup.