CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: AC servo 200 volts

on 2001-08-08 18:05:46 UTC
I know. I was watching the auction. Good luck! This motor has an
incremental encoder, I believe. That makes it slightly harder to use
than the serial encoders that now come with yaskawa systems. It is an
incredible pain to use. I believe the yaskawa motors are a 3 phase
induction motor design that is fed with 100 volts or 200 volts from a
3 phase IGBT bridge that is fed from the rectified line voltage to
the control unit. They may use encoder commutation to supply the
phase timing (most likely). Overall, they are very good, long-lasting
motors. They just probably aren't all that easy to use.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., firewalll23@y... wrote:
> I have a AC servo (200volts and 2amps) made by Yaskawa. I can not
> afford to pay $1200 to buy a Yaskawa servo driver.
> My current servo drivers are DC (6amps 30volts).
> Any thoughts out there?
> Mike

Discussion Thread

firewalll23@y... 2001-07-31 18:45:25 UTC AC servo 200 volts starrymachinery@y... 2001-08-08 18:05:46 UTC Re: AC servo 200 volts