CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] SCOOOORRRRRRE~!!

on 2001-08-09 10:40:56 UTC
Hi Weyland,

Is it 750 oz/in or 75 oz/in? *BIG* difference! ;>) I can just imagine
a copier/printr with 750 oz/in motors! Maybe Tim (the tool man) has
been at it!

Alan KM6VV
(in search of the BIG stepper motor)

Weyland wrote:

> SCOOORRRRRRE~!!!!
>
> Somebody wrote a post a few days ago about getting
> some 750 oz/in motors out of an old copy machine.
> (If it's you please tell me, as I lost the post, and
> would like to talk to you)
>
> Anyway, my Pop happens to be in the printer and copier repair biz.
> I called and asked if he knew anything about such a motor,
> and from what copier they might have come out of.
> He didn't know, but said he'd dig thru the shop
> and see what he had laying around.
>
> He just called and told me he has 3 of these for me:
>
> Japan Servo 85 oz-in 400 Steps/Rev. ,
> TYPE KP56QM2-001 with Ball Bearings on each end of shaft.
> NEMA23 mounting flange
> 6 Wire CT windings 3.5 ohm - 0 - 3.5 ohm,
> Maximum Current: Center tapped - 1.5A , Bipolar, full winding - 1.0A
>
> These should *definitely* work for my plasma cutter plans~!
>
> Woo Hoooooo~!
>
> Weyland - who's off to look for a driver to mate with them now.
>
> P.S. For EVERYONE'S info, these come out of old HP LaserJet II's and III's.
> Anyone should be able to find these for a dime a dozen from printer repair
> or surplus office equipment outlets. You don't even care if the printer
> works~!
> My Pop sez that he's *never* had to replace one of these.
> (He's been doing this for over 30 years)

Discussion Thread

Weyland 2001-08-09 09:10:56 UTC SCOOOORRRRRRE~!! Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-08-09 10:40:56 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] SCOOOORRRRRRE~!! Weyland 2001-08-09 10:58:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] SCOOOORRRRRRE~!!