CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Fagor control

on 2001-08-09 18:57:34 UTC
Ron,

I have a Fagor 8025T control on a lathe. I use the RS232 port to
communicate with an old 286 PC for program storage and retrieval. It
was straight forward setting up the communication protocol.

I don't know if your 800M is like my 8025, but since it has an RS232
port it must be able to communicate via that port.

Why do you want the disc drive, (not that it wouldn't be a nice thing
to have) ? At $2500 it seems like a very pricely luxury. I don't
think it would be easy to jury-rig your own disc drive setup either.

Doug

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Ron & Diana Gates <Ron@R...> wrote:
> To all,
> Another "lurker" who has been reading the posts for quite a while
and
> decided to come out of the woodwork, or in this case, metalwork..
First
> off, thanks to all who have posted. There has been a wealth of
info and
> I've learned a lot just by reading other's input.
> I've aquired a Mitek vertical mill with a 2 axis Fagor 800M
control.
> The price was right, and I've always wanted to learn CNC. The aux
input is
> through an RS-232 port. There is a floppy disk drive available
from Fagor
> for about $2500. Quite pricey since I can buy a whole new computer
system
> for far less than that. Tried hooking my laptop to the port
without any
> luck.
> My question. Has anyone come up with a method of connecting a
standard
> 3 1/2" floppy disk drive to an RS-232 port and have the Fagor unit
control
> the drive? Is it even posible? I don't know whats in the Fagor
drive, so
> don't know whats needed.
> Again, thanks to all for a very educational list.
> Ron Gates
> Seattle, WA

Discussion Thread

Ron & Diana Gates 2001-08-09 17:03:46 UTC Fagor control dougrasmussen@c... 2001-08-09 18:57:34 UTC Re: Fagor control Jon Anderson 2001-08-09 19:21:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Fagor control Ron@R... 2001-08-11 07:58:58 UTC Re: Fagor control