CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: spindle pulley on the taig mill

Posted by ym_wong@p...
on 2001-08-10 17:34:22 UTC
Oops! Posted to the wrong group. Sorry guys.

ym

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., ym_wong@p... wrote:
> I just got my new mill. I thought that before I fully assemble it,
> will make some mods which I had already planned to do so that I
only
> have to align things only once.
>
> One of the things I wanted to do is to put graduation marks around
> the periphery of the pulley on the spindle assembly. The idea is to
> make a rpm readout using my meter and a simple sensor arrangement
ala
> Tony Jeffree's setup. According to the drawing that came with the
> mill, the pulley is only held by by a hex screw. I loosened that
and
> the pully refused to come off even with some determined effort.
Since
> I am new to this, I didn't want to really force the issue and
damage
> the spindle.
>
> Does anyone has any experience taking off that pulley? Suggestions
> are most welcomed.
>
> ym

Discussion Thread

ym_wong@p... 2001-08-10 17:21:22 UTC spindle pulley on the taig mill ym_wong@p... 2001-08-10 17:34:22 UTC Re: spindle pulley on the taig mill Ward M. 2001-08-10 19:25:34 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: spindle pulley on the taig mill ym_wong@p... 2001-08-10 20:04:57 UTC Re: spindle pulley on the taig mill