CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Stepper help

Posted by mclem@b...
on 2001-08-11 05:01:43 UTC
Ethan,
All of Whedco's motors are manufactured by Pacific Scientific in
Rockford Ill, commonly known as "PacSci"... Whedco manufactures
drives and controls only (very few drive companies make thier own
motors, they usually private label somebody elses).

If you are using a Whedco drive connected to this motor, then you
could replace this motor with any stepper of the same Nema 34 frame
size that has enough power(probably 337 oz-in) providing you set the
dip switches to match the current of the replacement motor.
Performance may not be as good, since Whedco has designed the drive
electronics to match the PacSci motors, but it WILL work.

It's Saturday and I'm at home, but if you need me to give you the
exact PacSci part number cross reference, I have that info at my
work, and that will have to wait til Monday... but I'd be glad to do
it then.. email me if you need more help

p.s. if you have a Whedco drive... what is the model number?

Mike C

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Ethan Vos <ethan@f...> wrote:
> Help!
>
> I need a replacement for a Whedco Stepper motor. Whedco is another
3 weeks delivery and the machine has been down for 3 weeks already.

> The spec is 337 oz-in, 2.7 amps.
>
> Nema 32?
>
> The Whedco part # is MTR1324EDES. It has and encoder on it, but I
don't need one.

> Any and all help is appreciated.
>
> Ethan

Discussion Thread