CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: PCI parallel ports -- WAS: Interface options, headless boxen, and remote control ...

on 2001-08-20 20:36:17 UTC
Bryan-TheBS-Smith wrote:
> Which is good for systems that have a parallel port. But we're
> staring to see these "legacy free" systems come about without one.

Well, at least in the stock kernel (as of the 2.3.10 development
release for 2.4), the "parport" module has had a number of PCI cards
supported with the create majority of IEEE 1284 supported:
http://people.redhat.com/twaugh/parport/cards.html

There appears to be a patch/backport for late 2.2.x kernels as
well. Now I need to see if this has been integrated with RTLinux.
I assume so if people are already using an RTLinux version of the
parport module (and RTLinux 3.0 is based on stock 2.4, right?).

Fears calmed. Now back to my "education" on all this CNC
"schtuff." ;->

BTW, the main "parport" module page is here:
http://people.redhat.com/twaugh/parport/

-- TheBS

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith mailto:b.j.smith@... chat:thebs413
Engineer AbsoluteValue Systems, Inc. http://www.linux-wlan.org

Discussion Thread

Bryan-TheBS-Smith 2001-08-20 20:36:17 UTC Re: PCI parallel ports -- WAS: Interface options, headless boxen, and remote control ...