CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Tach - was mouse encoder

Posted by beer@s...
on 2001-08-22 10:35:02 UTC
On 22 Aug, CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com wrote:

> I plan to sell the meter in kit form as an accompaniment to an article in
> Model Engineers' Workshop, so the schematic will be published in the
> article. The kit will include a pre-programmed PIC.
>
> The circuit is designed for use with two alternative sensors - one is a
> reflective IR sensor, good for about 500 pulses per second, the other is a
> slotted IR sensor, good for much higher pulse rates.

Tony;

Have you ever considered triggering on both edges of the opto sensor ?

On my own PIC based tach design, I trigger on both zero to one and one
to zero and then only need a 30 "slot" "encoder" - easier to fabricate,
methinks.

Alan

--

Alan Rothenbush | The Spartans do not ask the number of the
Academic Computing Services | enemy, only where they are.

Discussion Thread

beer@s... 2001-08-22 10:35:02 UTC Re: Tach - was mouse encoder