CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: .tgz file

Posted by stratton@x...
on 1999-10-01 06:03:53 UTC
> From: Keith Dopson <kdopson@...>
>
> I see that the EMC is stored as a .tgz file.
>
> What utility is used to uncompress this file?

gzip -d the file and it will be replaced with an uncompressed tar archive

Or many implementations of tar know how to pass things through gzip if
you give them the "z" option. So you would unpack it with

tar -xvzf filename

(if you used gzip ahead of time, then it is just tar -xvf filename)

Chris

ps -if you want to see what files are in an archive and where they
will go relative to the currect directory, replace the "x" with a "t"

--
Christopher C. Stratton, stratton@...
Engineer, Instrument Maker & Horn Player

Discussion Thread

Keith Dopson 1999-10-01 05:54:04 UTC .tgz file stratton@x... 1999-10-01 06:03:53 UTC Re: .tgz file Terry L. Ridder 1999-10-01 06:04:32 UTC Re: .tgz file Jon Elson 1999-10-01 12:46:08 UTC Re: .tgz file