CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards

Posted by Ray
on 2001-08-24 17:20:09 UTC
From: Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@...>

<s>
>Relays are easy enough to hook up to be latching, and drop out when a
>limit sw or E-switch is pressed; I assume that the contactors can be
>used similarly? I may just go for a "simpler" design to start, and add
>the complexity later.

Alan

I like it a little better when the set of E-Stop switches are the latch.
Use them normally closed and when a wire comes loose the system goes down
rather than leaving you there mashing on that big red button wondering
why it doesn't work. You might not believe it but the whole schematic goes
through your head in less time than it takes the axis to crash.

Ray

Discussion Thread

Ray 2001-08-24 17:20:09 UTC Re: Re: All Windings Off setting, Camtronics 5A boards