CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Threat.DateOvderflow virus alert

on 2001-08-26 04:16:27 UTC
Thanks Tony,

Updated, scanned the HD. No virus detected.

Click on the link below followed the instruction on the site. Finally
met with this message:
ActiveX is not supported or is not enabled
This scan will not be able to complete in your current configuration
because it requires Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 or newer with
ActiveX and Scripting enabled.

To receive this functionality modify your browser's settings to
comply with the site requirements, then you will need to close this
browser window and come back to the site using a new browser window.

If your browser configuration meets the site requirements you may be
receiving this message due to a problem downloading the ActiveX
control from our server, or you chose not to let the ActiveX control
install and run.

Now trying to check on browser's settings

Any further hints.

Thanks again.

Peter

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Tony Jeffree <tony@j...> wrote:
> Check out:
>
> http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/dyn/11575.html
>
> Regards,
> Tony
>
> At 19:06 25/08/2001 +0000, you wrote:
> >Hi List,
> >
> >A scan of my hardisc didn't detect any virus. However viewing the
Log
> >of the NAV activities revealed I have been getting files infected
> >with the virus Threat.DateOverflow virus from the list and from
some
> >list members
> >
> >Activity log says:
> >
> >The file Unknown000.dat in compressed file
G:\folder....\filename.txt
> >is infected with the Threat.DateOverflow virus. No action was taken
> >
> >It had been my practice to copy and paste email messages into
> >notepad, then to read them offline. However, I don't remember
saving
> >some of these files, and some of the files were from email
addresses
> >I don't have direct email contact with?

Discussion Thread

cadcamcenter@y... 2001-08-25 06:12:09 UTC Threat.DateOvderflow virus alert Tony Jeffree 2001-08-25 14:08:54 UTC Re: Threat.DateOvderflow virus alert cadcamcenter@y... 2001-08-26 04:16:27 UTC Threat.DateOvderflow virus alert