CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Simple DRO display

Posted by Doug Fortune
on 2001-09-02 09:06:20 UTC
Scott Riddle wrote:

> I just thought of this last night and I am sure some one else has to or it
> is already out there but I would like to put a cheap DRO on my Index Milling
> Machine and don't want to spend $600-1200 to do it.

I'm working on a DRO display pcb which takes 4 quadrature pairs of TTL
inputs, and displays 4 rows (say axes XYZA ) of 10 digits (you don't
have to install all the digits) in bright .8" tall orange 7 segment
LED's.

I will have to program your counts/per inch for each axis, but it will
then be able to display both inches and cm. It will have a zeroing
feature, and an array feature, and a matrix feature. Most of that is
done. In the fall I'll be working on adding a circular bolt-hole
type function (ie you have a given center, an initial hole location
(thus giving the radius) and N holes (range 2 to 127) in a circle).

Perfect for making things like indexing plates! I want to make it
available for under $200, but considering the number of projects I am
working on, it will be a wonder if I get it out this year... but just
maybe!

You'll have to rig up your own encoders (linear or rotary), or anything
that can emit quadrature signals.

Doug Fortune
http://www.cncKITS.com

Discussion Thread

Doug Fortune 2001-09-02 09:06:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Simple DRO display