CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC for Taig CNC Mill

Vic Fraenckel wrote:

> Is it possible to run the Taig CNC mill using EMC through the Taig supplied
> controller?

I don't know. I did run a Sherline with a MicroKinetics driver at the NAMES
show with EMC and my parallel port stepper drive interface. Theoretically,
any stepper driver which takes step and direction signals should be able
to be connected to a PC's parallel port and controlled by EMC.

I don't know what the particulars of the Taig controller are, or whether
they use the parallel port.

Vic Fraenckel 2001-09-06 18:27:18 UTC EMC for Taig CNC Mill Jon Elson 2001-09-06 22:08:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC for Taig CNC Mill