CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] An amazing Network security attack documentary

Posted by Paul
on 2001-09-09 13:44:56 UTC
Hi Lee

Probably infringes some copyright agreements - But it does underline the
weaknesses of MicroSoft operating systems. There has been much discussion and
campaining over the planned implimentation of the XP socket protocols. Unless
the XP developers can be persuaded to abandon it's implimentation, we are
doomed to having yet another insecure OS foisted upon us.

The internet is full of unpleasant individuals hell bent on causing damage. One
thing we can do to make life difficult for these 'characters' is to put Windows
beyond their reach. Either by installing a good firewall or migrating to an
alternative OS.

Regards, Paul.

(and not one mention of Linux)

On Sun, 09 Sep 2001, Lee Studley wrote:
> I know this is way off topic, but it punctuates the future of internet
> problems. It reads like a good Sci-Fi novel, but it really is
> happening as we speak and getting more advanced.
>
> I uploaded into the files section ("Zombies" folder) a grcdos.pdf
> wich is a 'documentary' of the work done buy this guy to protect his
> site.
>
> if the file bothers anyone, lets remove it, but I think people should
> read it once. Heck it should be done up as a Movie. Us technos would
> enjoy it!
>
> -Lee
>
> The Strange Tale of the
> Attacks Against GRC.COM
> by Steve Gibson, Gibson Research Corporation

Discussion Thread

Lee Studley 2001-09-09 12:10:56 UTC An amazing Network security attack documentary Paul 2001-09-09 13:44:56 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] An amazing Network security attack documentary Lee Studley 2001-09-09 14:00:14 UTC Re: An amazing Network security attack documentary